My beautiful wife, Lisa, just created the most amazing chicken salad ever! As my last food based post, the Chef Shake, proved so popular, I thought I’d make a feature out of our favorite recipes.
You Will Need:
- Roasted Chicken (about 2 cups) — we used rotisserie chicken from the grocery store
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cubed
- 1/2 cup Mixed Nuts (we use Trader Joe’s low sodium mixed nuts, see pic)
- 1-2 Teaspoons of Walnut Oil (see pic)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar (pic below)
- Optional – 1/4 cup crumbled Blue Cheese (Feta cheese is OK, too)
Mix it all together in a bowl big enough to hold it.
You can serve it fresh right after making, but I think it tastes better after it’s been chilling a while. Gives the flavors a chance to mature.