The “Chef Shake”, as it’s been called, is a delicious shake made in accordance with the rules of The 4-Hour Body and The Primal Blueprint. It’s high protein, low glycemic, chocolatey and a great way to start the day.
This recipe makes ONE serving.
1/2 cup of Cold Coffee (or whatever flavor base you want to use)
1/2 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (you can substitute, but stay low sugar)
1-2 scoops of Unflavored/Unsweetened Protein Powder (30g’s worth of Protein total)
1 tbsp of Baking Chocolate Powder (Hershey’s new Special Dark Mix is awesome!)
1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1 heaping tbsp of Natural Creamy Almond Butter (Peanut is OK, if you prefer)
1/2 – 3/4 cup of ice
Frozen Fruit (Blueberries and Cherries are great — high flavor, low glycemic)
1/8 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp of Agave Syrup
1. Add Coffee and Almond Milk to a blender container (I use a Magic Bullet Blender).
2. Add Vanilla Extract, if you prefer, at this time to prevent clumpiness.
3. Add Protein Powder, Chocolate and Cinnamon
4. Add Peanut Butter
5. Add Frozen Fruit, if you prefer, at this time.
6. Add Ice (if you added Frozen Fruit, you don’t need much Ice)
7. Add Agave Syrup, if you prefer, at this time (don’t recommend fruit and agave — use one or the other)
8. Blend until smooth
9. Drink and Enjoy
39 grams of Protein
6 grams of Carbs (4 fiber) ** This will change if you add fruit or Agave **
4 grams of Fat
If you don’t use any sweetener (which I recommend) it will be a little bitter at first, as our taste buds are so accustomed to very sweet smoothies. After a round or two, though, you’ll really come to enjoy the true coffee/chocolate/cinnamon flavor without the intrusion of all of that sugar.